Date: 10/9/2001, 1:04 pm
I built the hull without staples. It came out great. Now I have to release the forms to flip over for deck stripping but the forms are not attached! Also, I might glass the outside hull first but the shear is not tight to the forms.
I tried hot melt glue to no avail.Finally, after using Gorilla glue to fix a chair last weekend, I came up with an idea.
I took a piece of 1/4 x 3/4 stock (a strip would do) and cut it into 3" pieces.
These I spot welded on the inside shear with Gorilla glue and clamped to the forms to dry. Next morning I released the clamp, pushed against the form and re-clamped. It works great. The Gorilla glue makes a powerful bond to spot weld the end grain of the little finger piece. Of course, I have all the 3" lockset holes in the forms for clamping. This is my third winter on the project and I'm starting early this year. It's all set up in the attic from last spring! JJ.