England has quite a few rivers, but not many mountains, and so the best whitewater in the U.K. is to be found in Wales and Scotland
Regions of England
- South England
- Cornwall - tame english Surf kayaking. Good pasties.
- Devon - Some cracking rivers coming down from Exemoor (Exe, Barle, E. & W. Lynn) and Dartmoor (Dart, Erm, Plym, Tamar & the excellent Tavy).
- [North England]?
- Lake District - National park in the North West (Cumbria)
- Yorkshire - Large county in North England with many rivers
- North East England - region with many fine whitewater rivers, including the Coquet, Tyne, Tees, Swale, Ure ... and their tributaries
- Dart? - Upper Dart(4+), Mid/loop (3), Lower (2)
Clubs / Organisations
- BCU - British Canoe Union
- Imperial College Canoe Club - London University club.
- Durham Uni Canoe Club - Durham (North England) University club
- Swaledale Outdoor Club - multi-activity family-orientated club with about fifty canoeists and kayakers, both river and sea.
- [Battersea Canoe Club]? - London club for white-water, surf, polo & Thames paddling, new members welcome (over 18s only)
This is stub. There are many more whitewater rivers to add to this. Feel free to add more kayaking places in England.