Camping Equipment is largely a matter of personal preference but here is a list of common items found in a kayak campers hatch
- Shelter (Tent/Tarp)
- SleepingBag, Pad and Pillow
- Cook stove, fuel and matches or lighter
- cooking pans and utensils
- Food and FoodBag/bearproof container
- Clothing and Footwear
- drinking water or purification device
- First Aid kit
- Reading material
- camp chair
- NOAA weather radio/VHF Radio
- toilet paper
- Personal Hygiene
All items should be stored in drybags or double garbage bagged. Trash compactor bags are more sturdy than garbage bags, and also work well. One way to toughen plastic bags is to put them inside a stuff sack.
When packing the kayak, consider the load distribution.